Hydrating to Beat the Heat for the Best Beach Experience
With temperatures that can spike in the triple digits, hydrating at the beach is vital to ensure you can safely enjoy time outdoors. While grabbing a case of water seems the easiest way to manage this concern while vacationing on Anna Maria Island, we prefer you leave the plastic at home to help keep our beaches clean for other visitors and generations to come. We have compiled some amazing ways to stay hydrated and maybe even make your taste buds happier than a simple water bottle could have managed.
Water for the Win – Fill up those Stanley’s and other reusable mugs with as much water as they can hold. Ensure you have plenty of back-ups during the outings to the beach and around town to refill your bottle many times over. Depending on your activity level, the temperatures, how much you sweat, and other factors predicting how much water you need can be tricky, so overpack for those outings.
Slice Up a Watermelon – Watermelon is 92 percent water! A huge hydrating fruit to slice up for enjoying any time of the day during the summer. You can also make watermelon ice cubes and flavor your water, or even slice and freeze them to put in the cooler for extra refreshment on those hot days out and about the beautiful island.
Veggies on the Go – Approximately 20 percent of your fluid intake comes from food—with the remaining 80 percent from beverages. This is great news for those who love their fruits and veggies! Better yet, grab sparkling water, and add in cucumber, strawberries, or lemon for a refreshing twist on plain old water. Additionally, check out these foods that are delicious as well as hydrating to pack for your time out in the heat:
Adding Electrolytes – Electrolytes control the functioning of your nervous system, regulate muscle contractions, and balance your pH levels. Hydration drinks may also contain carbohydrates or sugars, which will give you a little boost to power the lethargy of walks, swimming, and other physical activities during the heat. Whether you add electrolytes to water, or purchase pre-made drink options, there is a myriad of options on the market. Do your research for your favorite, and if planning extended exercise-heavy outdoor activities, tuck the electrolytes in your bag for staying hydrated.
Snazzy Pineapple Option – Made up of 87% water, this delicious, juicy fruit also contains an enzyme that is great for its hydrating, digestion-aiding, detoxifying, and immunity-strengthening benefits. Cut off the green leafy top, and chunk up a fresh pineapple core. Then use the husk to pour in water, adding in the chunks for flavoring for a cool all-natural drink. Another alternative is to use the pineapple and ice to create a smoothie that you can scoop into the husk for a wonderful beach-worthy vibe, as well as a hydrating treat for your taste buds.
Grab one of these drinks in your reusable bottle or cup, and head on out to the beach. Please remember to always take everything back that you brought out to the beach while out enjoying the water. The gorgeous sceneries of the island are something you simply don’t want to miss, and we hope these drink options keep everyone hydrating, exploring, and living their best life possible, whether you are here for a day or permanently.
Photos Courtesy of Deposit Photos/Unsplash