While Anna Maria Island is known for the wonderful quaint beachside views and small community feel, the food might just be the best part of your stay. No major food chains are part of the cuisine here on the island; instead, there are many small niche restaurants to choose from. Some of the freshest seafood, comfort foods, and drink options exist on Anna Maria Island, making it amazing for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- AMI General Store – The Anna Maria General Store is an Anna Maria Island staple that has been the local place to go for food, drinks, and supplies since the 50’s when it was located at 307 Pine Avenue.
- Bortell’s Fisheries – this is a sixth-generation, family-owned and operated fish market offering take-out only and fresh fish, smoked and fried fish to go.
- Bridge Tender Inn – Established 30 years ago, Bridge Tender Inn (BTI) is Bradenton’s favorite sports bar and grille to eat, drink, and socialize while watching a televised sports event. You can chug beers, eat lip-smacking food, enjoy live music, and make great memories in a comfy, laid-back setting.
- Dips Ice Cream – Don’t be fooled; this ice cream shop is more than just a place to go for a sugar rush. Dips is also a candy & sports shop. Adults will enjoy the many throwback candies, including bottle caps, wax lips, and jawbreakers. Kids will like the dotted ice cream pellets and the general abundance of delicious refined sugar.
- Donut Experience – The Donut Experiment is Anna Maria’s very own gourmet donut shop! They bring a unique experience to the area and offer a large menu of donut options for everyone with a sweet tooth to enjoy. At the donut shop, you can create your own donut by choosing custom icings, toppings, drizzles, and more, and our friendly staff will create it for you.
- Ginny and Jane E’s – this cafe is located in the Historic City of Anna Maria, a quaint “Old Florida” area on the north end of Anna Maria Island. The store is a unique collection of local art and unique finds. The cafe offers preservative, steroid, and hormone-free food. The bakery is made fresh every morning.
- Harry’s Grill – the family and pet-friendly restaurant for good wine, beer, and live music. Anna Maria Island Sun Reader’s Choice Award winner for multiple years.
- Kiwi Style Fish & Chips – featuring delicious choice local fish coated in their signature crispy batter and even custom-made meat patties. They aim to always serve customers the very best produce.
- Los Chilidos – the restaurant incorporates traditional Mexican flavors with a fresh, healthier Southern California twist. The food is always prepared fresh onsite for dining in or take out.
- Minnie’s Beach Café – breakfast and lunch restaurant with amazing fresh specials daily.
- North Shore Cafe serves handcrafted espresso drinks, teas, coffee, and smoothies.
- Pizza Social – this place is a small pizza shop striving to bring the best pizza possible to Anna Maria Island and the surrounding area. The Pizza Social specialties include handcrafted pizza and fresh salads.
- Sandbar Seafood & Spirits – dine with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand on the beach deck here. Enjoy fresh local seafood options with amazing drink menu features.
- Slicker’s Eatery – attempts to be intentional with their ingredients, our choices, our relationships, and our impact. Everything from investing in their team, partnering with local charities, steering away from frozen or fried foods, and opting for fresh and locally sourced ingredients as much as possible.
- Scott’s Deli – great food, great value, friendly service, and a happy atmosphere. All of their ingredients are locally sourced when possible and always fresh, along with new treats will be featured weekly.
- Skinny’s Place – They offer great burgers and frosted mugs at Skinny’s Place in Holmes Beach.
- The Porch – features many incredible offerings, from signature dishes, seasonal entrées, specialty spritzers, top-quality steak, fresh fish, and a vast selection of beer and wine to choose from.
- Tide Tables – offers fresh off the boat seafood, and is just a short drive over the Cortez Bridge too!
- Waffle Press – t the core of the menu is the Leige waffle, a sweeter, smaller cousin to the well-known Belgian waffle.
- Wicked Cantina – all the food is hand-made in-house daily. They specialize in delicious, Austin-style Tex-Mex as well as tasty American classics. Fresh food, a fresh modern family-friendly vibe, a full liquor bar, and ample parking await you.
Did we make your mouth water with that list? Whether looking for a quick lunch, a healthy breakfast or the freshest seafood meal possible – Anna Maria has something for everyone. You might visit the beaches, but the food here is sure to add to the memories of your time in our community. The best part of these amazing places is rubbing elbows with the locals and the ambiance that just adds a little extra you can’t get from big food chains.
Feature Photo Courtesy of Deposit Photos